Sunday, April 12, 2015

Garden Shed Rebuild (in progress)

April 11, 2015
Halfway through demo

I was going to try to salvage the outer walls at a minimum but the wood was pretty rotten. 

Cleaning up the area

5 of the 6 foundation blocks placed. Waiting to place the 6th because I will have to remove a stump that has become part of the fence over the years.

Putting the floor structure together

This was as far as we made it today. I am pleased with the progress. 


April 16, 2015
Installed 6th block and put down the flooring.


April 17, 2015
 After looking at the property line I decided that I wanted to remove 5" off the width


This is how much I pulled it in.


April 20, 2015
 Floor Sheeting Installed

 My plans for the roof truss.

 My plans for the outer wall.

 Outer Wall is up.



April 24, 2015
 Roofing trusses assembled.

 Piece to attach to garage.

Notch for outer wall.

 Rain.  Temporary tarp roof.

My garage wall isn't exactly straight.  House was built in the 40's and the garage has been expanded on at least once.


May 7, 2015
 Another wall framed.

  Roof Sheeting is installed.

Sheeting tucked as close as possible to existing roof.


May 8, 2015
 A view showing hot I connected to the wall/roof.

Our girls are climbers.  They were at the top of the ladder before I realized it.

I let them sit up on top for a few minutes.  They were giddy!

Lower drip edge and paper installed.

After the paper was down I installed the side drip edges.

I was 1 piece short on shingles.  Package said it covered approx 33 sq ft and I needed 65 sq ft.  I grabbed 2 packages. I thought I might run out since the bottom row uses 2 shingles and I had to cut off about a 1/3 of a shingle per row due to the width.  Good thing the previous owners left a few extra shingles from the garage/house.  If you look carefully in the photo below you can barely see the slightly mismatched shingle.

 4" x 4" drip edge installed.  Turned out even better than I expected!

Figured since I had the tar sealant out for the drip edge I would seal around the chimney for my garage heater.


May 14, 2015
Installed a few siding panels tonight. I only have one wall remaining to frame and side.

Where door will be 


No comments:

Post a Comment