Sunday, March 15, 2015

Grass Edging Selection

3/15/15
In an attempt to contain the vines currently growing on our neighborhood fence line while keeping good seperation of space I have been on the hunt for a good but inexpensive option for an edging material. This will seperate garden, grass and fence line spaces. One goal I have is to cover a lot of vertical area as well as look good on the surface. Whichever product is chosen will be even with grass level so only exposed on the surface.

STYLES
Paver Bricks
Solid Block

Wooden
(Not included in pricing)

MATERIALS 
4"x6"x8'
4"x4"x8'
4"x4"x10'
2"x4"x8"
4"x8"x16"
2-3/4"x3-1/2"x8'

RESULTS

CONCLUSION
I will either be using the 4"x8"x16" blocks or I will do some additional research into using 2"x8" plants of pressure treated wood secured with vertical stakes. 

4/2/15 UPDATE:
Well it's been a few weeks since I did my research. I have since found a manufacturing company that gives out their used pallets for free. I picked some up that had 4x4, 2x6 and 2x4 pieces. I used some screws I had laying around and build some edging using a combination of 2x4 and 2x6 boards. In the end it was FREE. 

Here are some photos of tonight's progress:


5/30/15 Phase 2 Trench



No comments:

Post a Comment