Thursday, November 8, 2012

Shed Addition

Nov 8, 2012

Tonight I decided to add on to my 4'x8' shed.  I decided to build that shed to store my tool box and 33" tires.  It served it's purpose and still houses those items and many more.  It is now over full and I need to add another shelter for my outdoor items.  I would have made my origional shed much larger if it weren't for the fact that I am renting and can only use the concrete pad that it sits on (which is also a driveway).  This portion of my driveway is the best area I have to work on my vehicles, it is level and doesn't have a fence on one side and the house on the other side like the rest of my driveway.  Making a shed any larger than 4'x8' would make it so my small truck (Toyota Tacoma) would not fit there. I could have made it longer, like 4'x16' but I wanted it to have a door and if I did this most of the space would be used up by a walking space.  The shed addition I started tonight is more of a lean to an it's main purpose is to shed rain, snow and sunlight off my dirt bikes, work supplies, and any other items I have to store outdoors.


I will make the addition 5' wide and either 12' or 16' long.  It will make my upper driveway skinny like the rest of my driveway but I will have the extra room on the grass side.  My main purpose is to get a roof up.  I am thinking that I will be adding panels on it also.  I was planning on using tarps because I wanted to keep this project on the cheap side but it looks like for function and also for appearance that side panels will be the best option.  I overbuilt my 4'x8' shed and wish I could do the same thing for the addition.  But the shed cost around $500 and so far I have only spent $150 on materials for the addition.  Currently it is 8' long but I have enough materials to make it 12' long.  I spend about an hour and a half working on it tonight and getting things under it for tonight's storm.

1 comment: