Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Roof on Shed

Nov 14, 2012

I didn't have work today so I got an early start on the shed.  I started around 8 and the plywood sheeting was covered in frost so very slick.  So progress was slow til the sun came out enough to melt the frost.  In total I worked on the shed about 5.5 hrs.  I got most of the roof finished.  I got free shingles and I am short about 5 shingles, so that is a bummer.  I know where I can get some more to finish it but they won't match... oh, well.  I threw up a temporary tarp wall in the back corner.  It may stay that way for some time.  It is out of the eyes of the neighbors so I am not too concerned about the aesthetics.  I will make the front face look nice and that is what matters.

 Starting with shingles

 Tarp up on back and tarp on bikes, exterior still not organized (I need to make shelves).
Roof complete except for the top edge that I need a few more shingles to complete. 
My wife working on my daughters Christmas present.

Tonight I also changed the oil on both the Tacoma and Echo. The Tacoma has 218k and the Echo has 180k.  Both happened to hit 3k miles at the same time (within a few hundred of each other).  The Echo has been a good car.  It gets good MPG and has very low maintenance costs.  But it is starting to burn a little oil which is a little frustrating to me cause my parents '86 Tercel lasted til 230k before really burning oil.  The Echo's oil was darker than the Tacoma oil this change(lots of variables so nothing for sure-but to me this means the Echo's motor is in worse shape than the Tacoma's).  I have been really pleased with my motor in the Tacoma.  I expect it to last til 250-300k without major issues.  The Tacoma does however have higher maintenance costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment